Within the project ASTRABAT (Grant Agreement No 875029), started in 2020, our colleagues Dr. Isaac Herraiz Cardona and PhD Candidate Jaume Alberola Borràs had the opportunity to present LOMARTOV’s company achievements and the work carried out during the last months.
ASTRABAT is a European funded project (under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme) addressing the challenge of the electrification of EU mobility by ensuring a safe, sustainable, and most of all, European value chain of batteries for electric vehicles. The project aims to find all optimal solid-state cell materials, components and architecture that are well suited to the demands of the electric vehicle market and compatible with mass production.
The project gathers 14 partners from 8 countries involved in electrochemistry, research, innovation, development, and production in the battery field, including LOMARTOV, who plays a vital role in the project development by:
- Guiding the prototype design out of significant impacts via Eco-design recommendations.
- Evaluating the environmental and economic profile of new all-solid-state battery (ASSB) prototype through a life-cycle perspective.
- Fostering prototype recyclability and materials efficiency and safety.
- Designing the standardization and certification roadmap towards a feasible market uptake.
- Linking the project with the latest regulations and the most relevant battery associations and clusters in cooperation with the consortium.
With the purpose to present the work developed by LOMARTOV in terms of sustainability, recycling and economic assessment, our team realised a short interview with the Communication team of ASTRABAT to explain all the concepts from the user perspective to the project community.
During the interview, our colleagues:
- Explain the importance of the concept of sustainability and the value of eco-design in R&D&I projects.
- Describe the expertise and knowledge LOMARTOV´s team brings to ASTRABAT project.
- Clarify the required skills and methodological tools concerning Eco-design, Life Cycle Analysis, regulatory compliance to achieve the established objectives.
- Analyse the research processes on battery prototypes: from evaluation to optimisation.
- Specify the Environmental and Economic Life Cycle Assessment to validate the sustainability performance in the project.
Want to learn more about this interview? Read the full article at this link “Meet ASTRABAT: a chat with LOMARTOV S.L”.
More information about the ASTRABAT project can be found here.